Thursday, January 10, 2013

Bring on 2013!


2013 started off with finishing off a commission piece. Measuring at A2 size, this is the biggest work I have worked in only in ink pen and sumi ink! Painting wise I have gone as big as a mammoth mural painting measuring 27m x 3m. Took my sister and I the whole summer break during our high school days to finish it off. Think we got payed about $2 per hour, arrgh back in the days.
Anyway this girl in the picture is based on the client's (who is also a good friend on mine and an respected artist himself) wife. He wanted me to draw something oceanic and to have his wife as not exactly a mermaid but some sort of sea-being. 

Pencil Rough

Ink Outline

Inking in the black areas. I had to go over the black areas about four times to achieve pure black. I wanted to achieve totally matted flat black areas but you can still see the different textures under the light... hmmmm

Drawing in details with ink pen 


Coral Detail

Jellyfish


Face detail


DONE! 

Lastly a little drawing I did to celebrate 2013, the year of Snake! 
Happy New Year everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Simply amazing. I love your blog. You have really great skills. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of details! Gorgeous!! Amazing is the word! I am loving the new stamps! Fantastic job, Aki!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome details!! am sure would be back for more!!
    http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no Sparkle-bloghop on your blog Aki, so I leave a comment here.
    You are a great artist Aki...I'm a fan of your Rin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is just beautiful! So much passion being the creation. Wonderful! Thank you for sharing your talent with us! Fabulous start to the hop :)

    ReplyDelete