Wednesday, March 31, 2010

BILLIE B BROWN is here!!!






Finally! I have been working months and months on this.
BILLIE B BROWN is finally here!

A fresh new book series for young girls and parents featuring a feisty tomboy Billie B Brown. There are four books out and I am already working on books 5 and 6 now. The stories are written by the well established writer Sally Rippin. The characters and the stories are all fresh and modern and should be ideal for young girls wanting something different from pretty fairies and princesses.

Karri Hedge, the lovely editor from Hardie Grant Egmont, and I have spent the first 3 months fine tuning character design, colour schemes and style of the whole Billie series. (see all the designs we ended up gong through before finally finding Billie!)

Also check out Billie website! I worked on all the illustrations plus all the dress up, face games! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aki - you've done a tremendous job. I am so excited about these new books and the website is great! I have been raving about your work to everyone so lets hope you get lots more illustration work and we can do many more Billie books together! Thanks for following my blog, too - I have just linked yours to mine. I hope we get to meet in person one day!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally! Thank you for your lovely comment :)
    Sounds like you are busy with the launch of the Billie series. Yes! Hopefully we get to meet in person soon. Until then I will be closely following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete